Luke 2:15-21 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.” 16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told. 21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.
- The shepherds journeyed to see what God has promised. This was a shared faith journey.
- The shepherds did not delay. They hurried off to see what had happened. The enemy is not trying to convince you that there is no heaven or hell, but rather…no hurry.
- When the shepherds saw Jesus … they told others what they had seen and experienced.
- Those who they told were amazed at what they shepherds had to say.
- The Shepherds returned home back to life….but they were different people.
2 Timothy 1:8 – So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.
- I Challenge you to take the faith journey.
- The faith journey is a journey of faith…it is not by physical sight.
- We can see God’s movement or experience.
- When we see God’s movement…do we like the shepherds share with others what we have seen and heard?